ESG Assessment, Education
Environmental, Social and Governance
Our approach to ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) is to focus on performance, by measuring, scoring and driving forward the leadership, activities and initiatives of organisations, that lead to excellent ESG results. These (non-financial) ESG activities and results clearly drive financial performance, which is how and why the world’s leading investment houses have renewed their focus on ESG. Varcis Hill uses an innovative new method, the Samson ESG Scoring MethodTM, which is completely non-intrusive, industry agnostic and performance driven, which allows companies to self-improve on their ESG performance. Businesses are increasingly also using ESG criteria in selecting their suppliers. Our ESG scorecard measures, for any industry, company size, or non-profit organisation the key elements of what makes for an organisation that engages its stakeholders as part of its success.
Our approach at Varcis Hill is to quantify and score ESG leadership, practices and results, based on the extent to which ESG is systematic, sustainable, aligned and innovative. We provide a universal diagnostic system for deeply and precisely understanding a business’ ESG strengths and weaknesses, benchmarking across companies regardless of their size and industry and identifying and tracking progress in ESG through time. Our approach is focussed on ESG performance, not just conformance. The approach is:
- Non-intrusive, Samson ESG Scoring MethodTM is compatible with other ESG scoring solutions.
- Industry agnostic, in that it applies equally well to any organisation in any industry or sector.
- Performance oriented, going well beyond compliance, and able to be used for benchmarking and launching ESG improvement initiatives.
We provide value for:
- Executives who wish to take their ESG performance forward.
- Investors and their advisors who want a universal, balanced and fair scoring system for ESG.
- Customers who want to take account of ESG in their purchasing decisions.
- Employees who want to work in organisations that are strong and proactive in ESG.
- Companies who wish to know how to improve on their ESG score.
“Our Samson ESG Scoring Method™ is an industry agnostic, performance based and non-intrusive ESG scoring approach which complements and does not in any way replace existing ESG assessments and reports, but rather uses that exact information to rigorously summarise the ESG position in an organisation.”
University of Melbourne
Varcis Hill ESG Services
We offer the following 8 services:
- Provide preliminary report – Advice on ESG requirements and guidelines to directors/senior officers.
- Deliver HKEX compliant ESG report – ESG reporting to meet HKEX’s latest guidelines.
- Produce Samson ESG Scorecard Report – Comprehensive ESG scorecard that measures your ESG performance and allows you to benchmark and understand your ESG score.
- Produce comprehensive Recommendation Report – Analytics based ESG performance improvement strategies to help improve your ESG performance and ESG score.
- Conduct director’s ESG & anti-corruption training session – As required by HKEX’s latest guidelines.
- Develop company’s ESG policy handbook – Customised ESG policy handbook to meet HKEX & international guidelines.
- Prepare ESG summary reporting for the board – Summary of the company’s ESG performance for reporting purposes.
- Provide quarterly ESG monitoring service – Regular advice on ESG performance.